Welcome to my blog. Preparing for the last Cardboard Hurrah

Saturday, September 15, 2018

What is AREA 40

A few folks have asked for more information on what I'm doing here with the blog.  Essentially the gist is as follows. 

I've decided that I will be exiting the hobby soon and that will coincide with my birthday next May which will be my 40th.  Waxing and waning interest have led to much introspection. After deliberations I have decided that I will focus my free time and resources toward other avenues. 
I did think it would be nice to have one big last fun day with cards and go wild one last time.

So I decided I would spend most of this year and early next year creating a horde of boxes and packs for that one big hurrah next year.  Once I have had that fun a couple of things will be happening.  There will be a great contest to guess how many hits I got to pull.  But more importantly will be the giving away of the hits.  Financially it wont be feasible to give away all the base a d I have identified a source to donate all the base cards to for charity.  There will be an opportunity to claim teams prior to my break next May. I reserve the right to keep up to 10 cards from the total break. Only if it's something that really speaks to me will I keep anything as I've been diluting my PC in several ways recently.  There will be contests along the way as well as updates on what I've added to my "pack stack". I thank everyone for coming along on this farewell journey and look
forward to spreading the love next May as I say goodbye.  To end today here is a picture of my current vault. Top shelf is loose packs on the left and cases on the right. Shelf two is all boxes I've shared so far and shelf three are boxes I've yet to share on the blog.
Thanks for reading and hope you have a great day. Safety wishes for all my friends on the East Coast guys and gals.

21 comments:

  1. In my dream home, there's a closet that closely resembles this one :)

    Any hints to what other avenues you'll be focusing your free time on? Or is it top secret stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. No secrets. Just want to devote more time to friends and family. On the financial end I can focus on more retirement driven planning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I probably need to start shifting my focus sooner than later.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the details! It must have been a tough decision with an impressive collection like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the picture and all the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long do ya think it will take you bust open all of those boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know how I feel about this. Both a happy and sad day. But this should be fun to witness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you taking donations of unopened material

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're gonna need a bigger shelf! Thanks for the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to you in your other endeavors and thanks for what you have done with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will there be video of the breaks? Can I want see how tired your fingers are at the end as opposed to the beginning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will you be moving into the same retirement home as me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's going to be such a great last pack ripping session. Seems like a lot of people are trying to pare down their collection (myself included). This is a way to do it in style!

    ReplyDelete