Welcome to my blog. Preparing for the last Cardboard Hurrah

Sunday, November 4, 2012

COMC-Post 3-The Rest-Some Vintage and Hometown Flavor

The last few cards from my COMC haul all share different reasons that I picked them up.
 Mike Wilks is a guy that lives nearby. I have a love affair with this card. They are #'d to 199. If you buy chance have another one please let me take them off your hands.
 Don't know much about Brian Smith. I believe he made it to the Show.  I know he is one of my coworkers son in law.  She is one of the sweetest ladies I know, so I picked these up for her.
 I'm a wrestling fan. Big Cat Ernie Ladd is a Legend. His in ring work was a little before my time but this card was too sweet to pass on.
Two words- SCIPIO SPINKS
One word-Rookie
Nuff Said

1 comment:

  1. Once upon a time, when ESPN Classic was still airing old wrestling shows, they aired an episode of "Big Time Wrestling" from the 1970s. I think the show was based in Detroit. Anyway, it was the only time I actually got to see the Big Cat wrestle. Fans definitely had much lower standards back then, but it was still an entertaining match to watch.

    I just checked and there is a bunch of his wrestling stuff on YouTube now.

    ReplyDelete