Welcome to my blog. Preparing for the last Cardboard Hurrah

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Done with Retail!!

After two bad experiences yesterday, I'm done with retail.  The value is just not there for me-along with the hassle.

I was off work early and decided and I would try and score some 2011 Bowman and Series 2 Topps.  Went to my local Wal Mart first, looking to spend about 70 bucks.  What I hate about WalMart is not their prices or variety-its their card aisle placement.  It is right beside Register 13 which is always open! The only way I can even look at the cards is if no one is in the line or if I wait in the line and then its a hassle to everyone behind me as I try to quickly ascertain what they have!  I'm done with you Wal Mart.

Nothing new yesterday-couldn't get close to the cards.  So I left. 25 minutes further down the road to Target I go....


Target's placement is great and their variety usually is as well.  Not last night.  They did have Series 2 blasters and racks.  No WWE Champions, No Rising Rookies, No 2011 Bowman.  Very disappointed.  I decide to go for two racks of Series II and two blasters of Series II. 8 Packs of Topps Magic Football from the markdown box later. $67 bucks.  I pay my tab and exit.  The EAS at the door goes off and I know how that works. Something had a tag and didn't get deactivated. So I stop and wait, my cashier says just go ahead, so I head for my truck.  About twenty paces into the parking lot I hear shouting. Stop, stop now or i'm calling the police.  Overzealous store manager.  After a few minutes its all sorted out but my god what a pain in the bleep.

To boot, Got no hits. 1 #'d Gold Card. Only 2 Diamond Giveaway Cards.

I'm done with retail card buying-peace out.

3 comments:

  1. That's annoying! Sorry you didn't have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not having a whole lot of luck with this year's Topps either. I keep getting Manupatches of teams I don't collect (my first 2 were Expos/Nationals, and my last a Kemp/Brooklynn!) and I have not seen even a hint at any Sparkle version cards!! As for hits, nope not even close either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should of told him to call the cops. It would of been funny.

    ReplyDelete